Pages

Thursday 26 January 2012

I *heart* Sheffield

This week didn’t start out too great with the bad news that Museums Sheffield was unsuccessful in its funding application to the Arts Council England. Museums Sheffield has amazing venues, places that I am both proud and privileged to visit regularly. We can all do our bit to help Museums Sheffield – I already have, will you?

I was also sad to read that the independent Sheffield-based online marketplace Frooly has ceased trading after what sounds to have been both difficulties with funding coupled with the challenging economic times. Sad times and I wish the Frooly team all the very best.

And, as they say that things come in three’s, I was saddened to hear that Picnik, the brilliant photo editing site, is closing at the end of April.

Onto happier climbs…I had a great time last weekend at Bradfield Farmers Market, a place to indulge in all things food and drink related with great stalls selling their wares. I can’t lie – the selection of tea from Tea Box Online was simply amazing! See you all down there for the next one.

Once the weekend was over I got back down to craft business. I’ve had orders this week to make another Dinosaur applique top as shown for the first time in my previous blog, along with some lovely initialled tops and babygrows. These will be delivered over the weekend – hope they owners are as happy as I am with them :o)


I’ve also worked on a couple of new-for-Maple-Designs ideas over the past couple of days. First up was a hand made card which is one of many I have lined up. I also made the first item in a little range I’m pulling together for Valentine’s Day – I think you might like this one ...


I have been working on updating my blog this week as I want to include some information on me and Maple Designs, along with details on how you can order any items which I are featured. I hope this will be ready to share with you next week...so be sure to check back and let me know your thoughts.

Oh and for the first time in my life, I won something!! It was great to hear that I was PJ Taste’s 1,000th follower on Twitter – my prize was an amazing jar of Sheffield Honey...result!!


Happy crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment