Pages

Thursday 2 February 2012

Bath is a'calling

Is it wrong that one of the highlights of my week has been hearing that the latest edition of Mollie Makes is on its way to the magical world of fairies for printing? No, I didn’t think so either.

To summarise; I love Mollie Makes. It makes me very happy. So thank you Jane Toft and the team.

This week has felt like winter - it’s been freezing up t’north and I’ve had to turn the heating up in the studio just to keep the circulation going. A few orders have gone out of the door, including another dinosaur top, which is great!!

It’s also been a bit of a new (and daunting) week for me as I’ve been looking into all things HMRC-related as I attended the second (of three) workshops run by Sheffield Enterprise Network Agency (SENTA). The rather exciting outcome is that I’m now officially a sole trader [insert whooping and cheering here].

I’d love to say that the experience with HMRC has been simple and easy...but it actually felt more confusing and difficult than it should have been. The main reason for this is the HMRC website just isn’t a great at providing clear, simple, easy-to-understand information.

If anyone else has had similar experiences, or has any hints, tips or advice, it would be great to hear from you, so please post a comment!!


I also had a lovely suprise this week from my other half who has booked me onto an embroidery workshop at The Makery in Bath. I've been a big fan of The Makery for a long time and love their style, background and approach to all things craft-related...their website makes me smile every time I go on it. I'm so excited to go on the workshop, but also to finally have time to visit their lovely shop. I've never been to Bath before, so if anyone has recommendations for other places that shouldn't be missed, please let me know!

And, as if by magic, I came across the video below. I can't believe that I've never seen this video before...I was so giddy watching it a small yelp came out....



Finally, I've spent a lot of time this week looking at the beautiful fabrics available at Backstitch who happened to follow me on the land of Twitter - amazing, expect an order shortly!

Happy crafting x

2 comments:

  1. I also adore Mollie Makes - I was a little late discovering it so had to buy a couple of back issues from Ebay (ouch!) and also a digital version - also like 'making' magazine.

    In my day job I work with HMRC a lot and can confirm they don't really do 'clear, simple and easy to understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    Thanks for your post. I'm a HUGE Mollie Makes fan and look forward to the postie delivering it every month. Are you on/looked at Pinterest? It's another one of my crafty obsessions :-)

    Thanks for the reassurance on HMRC, it's just something I need to get a clearer understanding on... it may take time!

    Lyndsey

    ReplyDelete