Pages

Friday 10 February 2012

A winter's tale

After a mild winter it has finally felt like the cold spell has landed over the past week. On Saturday I got wrapped up and stolled over to the St Mary's Vintage & Craft Market where there were some great stalls and lovely crafts on display. I was so impressed and motivated that I've already applied for a stall at the next craft fair in March - fingers crossed that they let me in! I've also submitted to have a stall at the Reet Sweet craft fair in April in Leeds...so I'll cross my toes for that one too as I'd love to get in both!

The snow last Saturday afternoon made for a near-perfect day at Maple Designs HQ...the woodburning stove was on, giving out a hearty glow and I spent time in the kitchen baking a lovely banana loaf thanks to an amazing recipe from Kirstie Allsopp (thanks Kirstie!).



The rest of the day was spent working on a couple of prototypes and I'm really happy with how they've turned out. I've been working on some lovely felt heart-shaped bags of lavender loveliness - a little accessory to hang in full view or to keep tucked away in a clothes drawer to keep your thing smelling fresh. I've also seen a great idea of stringing up multiple love hearts, turning it into a 'mobile'...perfect for the upcoming valentine's day.

I've also been working on updating this blog and I'm pleased with how it's turned out. However, it's no use if it's just me that thinks it looks/reads better, so please let me know what your thoughts are!! I hope that it's easier to find further information on little t'old me, what items I make and how to order etc.

To complete a lovely weekend, Sunday was spent catching up on the amazing 'Hugh's Three Hungry Boys', which has been quite simply brilliant. It's a programme following Tim, Thom and Trevor, three lovely lads who travel in Daisy, their trusty converted milk float, bartering and badgering their way from River Cottage to Land's End. If you haven't seen it, you can watch it on Channel 4 OD.


Whilst mentioning River Cottage, I was sad to see that they'd had a fire on Tuesday - glad to hear that no-one was injured or hurt, hope they get back up and running as soon as possible.

On Thurdsay I popped into the Craft Club at Museum Sheffield - a great place to meet with new friends and where I continued my quest to conquer the art of crocheting (I will not be defeated!!).

I also dropped into the Electric Works to handover a gift voucher for a charity cake sale they're organising tomorrow - good luck guys, hope it's a great day for a great charity.

This coming weekend I'm indulging in one of my other hobbies...drumming!! I'll be in the studio with my band called Clockwork Owls where we are recording a three-track EP. I am equally excited and nervous and can't wait for my first recording session - I'll provide an update in next weeks' blog.

Happy crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment