Pages

Sunday 4 March 2012

Going global (well nearly)


CHAPTER 1 - And then there were readers...

It's a Sunday morning and I'm sat typing away listening to the simply beautiful Agnes Obel album 'Philarmonics'.  Not a bad start to a morning. Whilst having a browse on here, I thought I'd look at the stats for the blog over the past few weeks, and came across a lovley suprise - people are reading the blog!

The helpful stats guide tells me that I'm getting people reading if from afar too (Country and number of views this week are below):

United Kingdom (76)
Italy (11)
United States (6)
Hong Kong (4)
Singapore (2)
Costa Rica (2)
Czech Repulic (2)
Russia (2)
Germany (1)

If you're one of these lovely people, firstly, thank you.  It's one of the nicest feelings knowing that people are taking an interest.  It would be great - and I mean really great - to hear from you and which country you're reading from.  Please, please feel free to post a little comment below, even if it's just to say hello.


CHAPTER 2 - And then there was a Craft Fair...

I received one of the best e-mails ever this week advising I've been accepted into my first ever craft fair.  I can't explain how happy this made me, I was literally dancing round the room with the biggest smile (it meant a lot if that's not clear!).

It's the Vintage and Craft Market at St Mary's Church in Sheffield and being held on Saturday 31 March 2012.  If you're in the area, please come down and say hello.  I went down to the last one, which I mentioned in previous blog post, and it was a great event and sounds like well over a thousand people turned up for that one.

I've got lots of great ideas for a couple of new items for my first range, so lots of work to do over the next couple of weeks.  It's really exciting - and nerve racking at the sametime - to be working towards my first craft fair...but this has been what it's all about...getting my work out there and hoping you love it as much as I do.

I'll keep you posted with progress, both before and after the event, on here in upcoming posts.  In the meantime here are a few shots from this week.




I've also been getting myself organised and received my first lovely pack of business cards. I can highly recommend the team at Moo (easy to use website, very reasonable prices and quickly despatched. Also great to be able to purchase cards that are 100% recycled card and are made in a factory using wind-power, amazing to do my little bit).



The next few weeks are going to be very busy and very very exciting...and I cannot wait!!

Happy crafting,

x

2 comments:

  1. Hello there, I have just discovered your lovely blog. I am reading this from the UK, but I must be pretty local to you as I've also got a stall for the vintage market on Saturday! I was there in Feb for the first time and it is such a lovely fair to be a part of so I'm sure you will enjoy it.
    I'm Karen by the way and my stall is red apple tree. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, it's lovely to hear from you - thanks for your message. I am based in Sheffield, so presume we are pretty local to each other?!

    I will definitely look out for your stall on Saturday. I'm getting really excited now, just doing the finishing touches to my items.

    Hope to see you on Saturday and thanks again for reading!

    Lyndsey x

    ReplyDelete